Remedy Entertainment released Alan Wake 2 last month and it resonated with fans and critics alike as a long overdue sequel and a new game from the creators of Control – you can read Game Informers Alan Wake 2 review here. The studio has released two updates so far, but today’s Alan Wake 2 update is even bigger and includes bug fixes, visual issue fixes, and more.
Update 1.000.008 126.96.36.199 on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and 1.0.8 on PC brings over 200 individual improvements and fixes to the game, including improved audio, graphical issue fixes, performance mode improvements, improved lighting for live-action sequences. and various mission-specific fixes, such as fixing a bug where Saga could get stuck in environments in its first chapters.
Here are the full Alan Wake 2 Update 1.0.8 release notes:
- Various localization solutions such as improved subtitle times for all languages
- Improved native audio for live-action movies
- Various audio-related improvements and additional polish
- Improved lip sync in some instances
- Fixed various graphical issues in the environment
- Fixed various minor issues in cinematics
- Minor improvements to Performance Mode and image aliasing on Xbox Series S
- Improved lighting
- Fixed lighting bugs in multiple locations
- Various UI-related fixes and additional polish
- Various game fixes and improvements
- Minor gameplay finetuning
- Advanced auto-targeting for specific situations
- Fixed rare player character animation issues
- Fixed various issues on Case Board
- Fixed various map issues
- Several conversations failed to trigger and then progress was blocked
- Constant Rose’s dialogue choices, sometimes ill-chosen, hinder progress
- Fixed a rare issue where Saga’s lines would not play when going to the Sheriff Station, preventing progress
- Fixed a potential issue where the player would get stuck in the case board tutorial
- Fixed exploration rewards for Lighthouse
- Fixed a bug that could get stuck in the Saga environment (“Crazy Forest”)
- Fixed a potential issue where players could get stuck when falling down ladders
- Fixed potential issues with Dark Presence (which remains a threat)
- Fixed a rare crash
- Fixed a bug where Alan could fall through the environment
- Fixed a bug that could drop through the Saga world
- Fixed a bug where the gate could lock after reloading a save game, thereby blocking the player from progressing
- Fixed an issue where, in rare cases, the player would end up outside the game world when opening a map
- Fixed an issue where, in rare cases, the Lighthouse Key could not be picked up
- Fixed a bug where Alan could get stuck in the environment
- Fixed an issue where the Oceanview Hotel Lobby Echo was not pairing properly (this was really annoying; we apologize)
- Fixed an issue where mission progress could be blocked if the player performed certain tasks in an unexpected order
- Fixed an issue with physics-related props (much to Rose’s chagrin) that could block the player and stop progress
- Fixed an issue where in rare cases the player could not exit the radio, TV or manuscript communication modules.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the graphics settings to reset when starting the game
- Improvements to PC window handling logic
- Fixed mouse cursor sometimes not appearing in menus
And that’s all in today’s Alan Wake 2 update.
For more, read on Game Informers Check out the Alan Wake 2 review and then this update where Remedy discusses its development progress on Control 2 and its Max Payne remakes. After that, read this feature on characters to remember before starting Alan Wake 2, and then check out what are the best graphics mods in the game.
Does this update fix any issues you’re having with Alan Wake 2? Let us know in the comments below!