Screenshot via Obsidian Entertainment
The Fallout series is very popular in the modding community, and Fallout New Vegas is no exception. Each time a new game releases, I can’t wait to see what new modes it will get because I love customizing my gameplay to tailor my experience once I finish its campaign. Fallout New Vegas has an extensive collection of mods that will make it feel like an entirely new game. This guide will help you explain how to install mods and make them work for you without breaking the game!
How to install mods in Fallout New Vegas
There are many mods of various scopes and sizes for Fallout New Vegas, and they cover everything from overhauling the entire experience to adding small yet notable changes, like player skills and items, that improve the flow of gameplay. To install mods in Fallout New Vegas, follow the steps below:
- Go to the modding community webpage, like nexus mods, and download the files needed to mod the game.
- Navigate your windows explorer to your Fallout New Vegas local folder location. The default should look something like c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Fallout if you have the game on the Steam platform.
- Open your files archive and extract the files into their respective directories.
Related: All Cheats & Console Commands in Fallout New Vegas
How to install modding menus in Fallout New Vegas
If you are like me and like to customize your Fallout New Vegas to the point of becoming an entirely different game, you will want to install one of the modding menus. The MCM, or Modding Configuration Menu, would be perfect for your needs. It works by adding a Mod Configuration button to the Pause menu, enabling you to toggle your game mods on the go, and it has a very user-friendly menu. Follow the steps below to install it:
- Extract The Mod Configuration Menu.FOMOD from the archive.
- Launch FOMM.
- Select Package Manager.
- Select Add FOMOD and open The Mod Configuration Menu.
- Highlight The Mod Configuration Menu and click Activate.
- Overwrite any existing files.
Looking for more Fallout guides to help you navigate the Wasteland? Check out Best Weapon Mods in Fallout 4 and How to Mod Fallout 4 – Install Guide here on Pro Game Guides!