Image via Activision
Infrared is the final story mission for the Tier 4 Redacted faction in Call of Duty: Warzone 2 DMZ. In this guide, I’ve presented a step-by-step process on how you can reset the security system and access the locked cache in the L2 Restricted Zone of Alpha Cluster.
Infrared DMZ Mission Guide
- Reset the security system at the upload station in the External Ops section.
- Open the locked cache in the restricted section in the Alpha Cluster (the mission incorrectly mentions the Factory Wing).
- Extract the Building 21 evidence from the cache.
Before deploying into Koschei Complex, I suggest you collect the following items beforehand in Al Mazrah:
- 2 Car Battery and 2 Jumper Cables: These two common items can easily be found inside ammo depot buildings, houses, warehouses, strongholds, and other structures on the map.
- 1 L2 Restricted Zone Key: It must already be in your key stash if you have completed the Brother In Arms or Abandoned Operator missions. If not, you can find it as loot in Koschei Complex. I got my L2 Restricted Zone Key from a vintage desk in the External Ops section.
Related: Brother In Arms Mission Guide DMZ – Rhinoceros and Sniper Location
How to Reset the Security System in External Ops
- Deploy into Al Mazrah, collect the items required for the mission, and enter Koschei Complex via the Rohan Oil Utility Tunnel entrance. This will take you straight to the External Ops section.
- After spawning in the underground bunker, proceed forward and take out the enemies.
- Once you’re at the control room, you’ll see A1 markings on the wall. The room in front of you will be guarded by a sentry turret, but you can go around via an alternate route (first image).
- Inside the A1 room of External Ops, you’ll find the Upload Station in the corner (second image).
- Approach the device and interact to Begin Upload. The upload progress will be over in a few seconds after which you’ll get the Security System Reset indicator (fourth image).
Now head to the airlock that leads to Chemical Plant and interact with the board to place a Car Battery and Jumper Cables. This will solve the puzzle after which you can press the button to unlock the bunker door and access the next area. Don’t forget to put on your Night Vision Goggles.
How to enter the Alpha Cluster
- After entering Chemical Plant, you simply need to move right while hugging the wall. This’ll lead you to the C2 bunker door (first image).
- If you somehow feel lost, just reach the east end of the Chemical Plant by following your compass.
- The C2 bunker entrance will be locked and its door button will say No Power when you press it.
- To activate the button, move further ahead and place the second set of Car Battery and Jumper Cables into the board (second image).
- Now you can press the button to unlock the C2 bunker door and enter Alpha Cluster.
Related: Where to find the FTAC Siege in DMZ
How to enter the restricted section of Alpha Cluster
- After taking out the sentry turret, you’ll reach the center of the Alpha Cluster. Make your way to the south end of the server room, which should be on your right (first image).
- You have to reach the top section that’ll be guarded by two sentry turrets and some enemies.
- Take out the threat and approach the blue-colored door shown in the second image. This is the restricted zone you have to unlock and enter using the L2 Restricted Zone Key. Be prepared to fight some Riot Shield enemies inside.
- Head straight inside and turn right into the corridor. Quickly make it across dodging the sentry turret and open the door in front (third image).
- You must not enter the room just yet. There are several laser traps that when crossed will trigger an alarm and lock the cache. You’ll then have to go back to External Ops and redo the security system reset.
- To see the lasers, simply toggle on your Night Vision (fourth image).
How to open the locked cache in the restricted section of Alpha Cluster
The objective here is to reach the locked cache without crossing the laser and triggering the alarm. For you, I have the perfect route that you can follow and reach the supply box, but remember to be extremely patient:
- Enter the room and go prone immediately.
- Crawl over to the shelf and boxes on your left as shown by the first arrow (see first image).
- Crouch behind the boxes while making sure you’re head doesn’t touch the laser (second image).
- Carefully climb on top of the boxes by pressing jump (third image).
- Aim for the white TV in front and jump on top of it without falling (fourth image).
And that’s how I reached the locked cache in the restricted zone without triggering any alarm. Open the cache while on top of the TV and make sure to grab the DRC Proposal, i.e., the Building 21 evidence, before you jump down. You can then exfil with this item from the elevator further inside the restricted zone.
Stay tuned to Pro Game Guides for more Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 content. In the meantime, head to our How to get the Koschei Complex Weapon Case in DMZ article.