Johnny Blaze is back in a brand-new Ghost Rider trailer, courtesy of Marvel Comics.
Marvel has released a fiery trailer for the latest Ghost Rider ongoing series from X-Force writer Benjamin Percy and Captain Marvel artist Cory Smith. The new series will see Johnny Blaze make an explosive return to action as the Spirit of Vengeance. The trailer gives viewers a glimpse into the gruesome truth that lies just beneath the surface of Johnny’s newfound, seemingly idyllic life. Featuring plenty of brutal violence, twisted demons and roaring flames, the trailer sets a tone for the series that fans will recognize as quintessentially “Ghost Rider” without giving away any of the dark mystery at hand.
- BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • CORY SMITH (A) • Cover by KAEL NGU
- Headshot Variant Cover by TODD NAUCK
- Variant Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
- X-Gwen Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
- Variant Cover by INHYUK LEE
- Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
- Variant Cover by BENJAMIN SU
- HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY ADAM KUBERT
- WRAPAROUND Variant Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
- STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY TBA
- SHADES VARIANT COVER BY JORGE FORNES
- JOHNNY BLAZE!!
- Johnny Blaze has the perfect life: a wife and two kids, a job at an auto repair shop and a small-town community that supports him… But Johnny isn’t doing well. He has nightmares of monsters when he sleeps. And he sees bloody visions when he’s awake. This life is beginning to feel like a prison. And there’s a spirit in him that’s begging to break out! Benjamin Percy (WOLVERINE, X-FORCE) and Cory Smith (CONAN THE BARBARIAN, CAPTAIN MARVEL) are going back to basics with the Spirit of Vengeance in this extra-sized first issue!
- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
First introduced in 1972’s Marvel Spotlight #5 by Gary Friedrich and Mike Ploog, Johnny Blaze was a motorcycle daredevil who made a deal with the devil to save the life of his friend and mentor, Crash Simpson. Of course, the terms of the agreement allowed for Crash to lose his life anyway, before Johnny was transformed into the now iconic Spirit of Vengeance. As the Ghost Rider, Johnny has spent decades dispensing demonic retribution upon the villains who get caught in his headlights.
While the infernal hero has typically been the one behind the proverbial wheel, writer Benjamin Percy told CBR that the new series will see a Johnny who “no longer has control over the Spirit of Vengeance, and when possessed, he has no memory of what’s transpired.”
Fans can follow along with the hellish action when Ghost Rider #1 by Benjamin Percy and Cory Smith goes on sale Feb. 23 from Marvel Comics.
KEEP READING: Why Could Ghost Rider Lift Thor’s Hammer?
Source: Marvel Entertainment