Get the details below.
Marvel City New York expansion
In the video, Creative Director Bryan Intihar gives a deep dive into Marvel’s expanded New York, including the ways we’ve evolved the game since we last dressed up and played as the Spider-Men. New locations, updated exploration, exhilarating teleportation, near-instant switching between heroes, a gallery of rogue villains, new abilities and gadgets, and completely new suit styles are just some of the ways we’re improving the game this time around.
So what’s new?
in Marvel Spider-Man 2, we’re almost doubling the size of Marvel’s New York. Extending beyond the East River, you’ll swing and soar over iconic landmarks throughout Queens and Brooklyn – complete with story missions, side quests, and city activities! This expansion also means faster traversal options like web wings, which can be combined with traditional web swings to move at exhilarating speeds.
Players will also be able to switch between Peter Parker and Miles Morales in the open world, almost instantly thanks to the power of PlayStation 5. Both Spider Heroes are important characters in the larger story we’re telling. Marvel Spider-Man 2Each of them will have their own separate side stories to uncover throughout the city. Help students in Brooklyn Visions as Miles Morales or accept new requests for help as Peter Parker via the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man app – and you can even choose to tackle certain activities as Spider-Man!
Kraven the Hunter and the monstrous Venom join our roster of villains and will put a strain on our heroes, their relationships and the place they call home. However, they are not the only villains causing trouble in the city. We won’t spoil it for you — but our Spideys will need to #BeGreaterTogether, to prevent them from using many new skills, gadgets, and abilities!
in Marvel Spider-Man 2, we’ve introduced a new set of abilities and skills for our heroes: Pete’s new Symbiote powers and Spider-Arms are aggressive and relentless; Meanwhile, Miles adds an electrifying, thunderous quality to his bioelectric Venom power, as well as his advanced Venom abilities. Easily mix, match and deploy these abilities with a simplified control system and combine them in all-new Spidey-style battles!
Speaking of style, let’s talk suits! Featuring 65 suits, which include new original designs and fan favorites from the movies and comics, players will have an extensive wardrobe of costumes to outfit Marvel Spider-Man 2. We’re also excited to announce Suit Styles, a brand new feature that unlocks alternate color shades for some suits, giving you over 200 ways to outfit your Spider-Hero!
Deluxe digital edition
In May, we also revealed… Marvel Spider-Man 2 The Digital Deluxe Edition includes 10 exclusive Spidey suits, photo mode bonus items, and 2 skill points. To bring these 10 suits to life, we partnered with several artists from comics, games, and movies! We spoke with these artists to give us a little insight into their designs. We’ll be sharing deeper details about these suits with you on Insomniac Games’ official social media accounts, so stay tuned!
- Apocalyptic suit -Design by Jerad Marantz: Make the most of any situation with the Apunkalyptic suit, featuring a low-tech design that shows what Peter Parker can do with limited resources and a strong will.
- Stone Monkey Suit – Designed by Victoria Ying: This suit is heavily inspired by Chinese mythology, and brings a uniquely acrobatic and mischievous design to the world of Marvel Spider-Man 2. The suit is practical and stylish!
- Tactical suit – Designed by Bend Studios: From Bend artists Joel Mandich and Darren Quach, the tactical suit is inspired by Japanese media and the expansive world of comics. It’s a futuristic, lighter design that stands out on our list of Deluxe Digital Edition suits.
- Orantia suit – RAFF GRACITY DESIGN: The Orantia suit is an evolution of traditional Spider-Man designs that includes cool and functional spider motifs! Highlights include antennas built into the mask elements, giving him a stealthy look made for Peter Parker!
- 25th century suit – Designed by Anthony Francisco: This suit has a very modern design, and includes a unique aquarium-like helmet and a set of lights. This futuristic suit features trendy oversized shoes and sleek design throughout.
- EnC0ded suit – Designed by Chris Anka: The EnC0ded suit brings a touch of cyberpunk to Miles Morales’ wardrobe! If you look closely at the suit, you might spot some interesting details like abstract lettering reminiscent of catchphrases from Spider-Man lore!
- Biomechanical suit – Designed by Jerad Marantz: A fusion of organic and mechanical materials, the biomechanical suit is inspired by the designs of iconic cartoon creatures, pushing an “otherworldly” style in its use of materials and themes.
- Red ghost suit – Designed by Sweeney Boo: Let’s paint the city red! The Red Specter suit highlights Miles Morales’ youthful and adventurous nature. He fuses Spidey’s heroic motifs with chic fashion!
- Tokusatsu suit – Design by Julia Blattman: This design is heavily inspired by the world of insects and Japanese live action media known as tokusatsu. The design maintains Miles Morales’ signature red and black color palette and incorporates a great sense of tokusatsu-like heroism!
- Ajamat suit – DESIGNED BY ANTHONY FRANCISCO: Inspired by the indigenous tribes of the Philippines, the Agimat suit is a fun and colorful design befitting Miles Morales. The suit gives a hint of royalty with its high-contrast purple and gold color palette!
On top of all of today’s exciting news, we’re excited to announce a special collaboration with EARTHGANG (feat. Benji) to bring you “Swing”, a special new track in Marvel Spider-Man 2. Hear it first in the trailer for our digital deluxe edition! For the song “Swing” and other music from Marvel Spider-Man 2you can listen to the full soundtrack featuring a score by award-winning composer John Pisano on your favorite music streaming platform starting October 20.
Marvel Spider-Man 2 It is scheduled to be released on PlayStation 5 on October 20.