Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 hit PlayStation 5 exclusively last month and quickly became Sony’s fastest-selling first-party game. We loved the game – read on Game Informers Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 review here – but players and reviewers alike have found bugs and issues, in some cases, and in other cases lead to progress interruptions. Developer Insomniac Games released a patch last week that fixed a handful of issues and now it has released New update It fixes even more bugs and issues.
Here are the full update version 1.001005 release notes:
- Fixed an issue where NPCs could spawn on top of each other in boats
- Fixed an issue where MJ could be defeated in one hit on higher difficulty settings
- Fixed multiple issues that could cause hiding the HUD to fail to trigger certain missions
- Fixed an issue where collisions were missing on the floor in the port
- Further fixed issues where players could get stuck during the final stage of Marco’s Memories
- Fixed an issue where players could switch characters during a defeat sequence.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck while running on a wall
- Fixed an issue where the player would receive wrong Spider-Man phone calls if they changed characters during the call
- Fixed an issue where the player could lose the ability to jump
- Fixed multiple issues where inputs would not register after zipping to a level
- Fixed an issue where the game would not reload properly after being defeated by a boss.
- Fixed an issue where Peter Parker could get stuck on a bench or railing.
- Fixed an issue where Spider-Man would clip through the map and get stuck during battle
- Fixed an issue where the Hang Ten trophy was not counting flips accurately
- Fixed an issue where inputs would not register after holding a memory crystal
- Further fixed issues where models would not load properly after long play sessions
- Fixed an issue where the player character could leave a mission and enter the open world, resulting in faulty saves
- Improved stability
Hopefully, if these issues have stopped you from progressing past certain points in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s various quests, or you’re hoping for more stability, you’ll find a better gameplay experience after installing this update.
For more information about the game, read on Game Informers Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 review and then read about how Insomniac revamped New York City for the sequel. Then check out this story about this missing NYC landmark in the game. After that, read our guide to the best graphics mod in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, and then check out our spoiler-free tips.
Are you still facing any Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 errors or problems? Let us know in the comments below!