Publisher Square Enix and developer Acquire will release Octopath Traveler II The companies announced it for Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC via the Microsoft Store in early 2024. It will also be available via Xbox Game Pass.
Octopath Traveler II It was first released for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via steam On February 24th.
Here’s an overview of the game via Square Enix:
This game is a completely new entry in Traveler Octopath The series, the first part of which was initially released in 2018 and has sold more than three million copies worldwide. It takes the series’ HD-2D graphics, a mix of retro pixel art and 3DCG, to even higher levels.
In the world of Solstia, eight new travelers venture into an exciting new era.
Where will you go? What will you do? Whose tale will you bring to life?
Every path is yours to take.
Embark on an adventure of your own.
- Begin your adventure as one of eight new travelers, each with their own unique origins, motivations, and skills.
- The series’ HD-2D graphics, a mix of retro pixel art and 3DCG, have reached even greater heights.
- The story takes place in Solstia, where diverse cultures from East to West flourish and New Age industries flourish. You can sail the seas and explore every corner of the world that changes from day to day.
- Each traveler has a unique set of path actions that they can use to fight townsfolk, obtain items, take others on their journeys, and more. Where will you go? What will you do? Every path is yours to take.
- Familiar mechanics from the original game were preserved, such as the freedom to develop travelers’ jobs and skills, as well as the Break and Boost system that made battles so exhilarating. New mechanisms have also been added.
Watch a new trailer below.
Xbox and Windows announce the promotion