The developers of the multiplayer horror game, Project: Playtime, have revealed the Phase 2 Incineration update, which adds a host of new features to the mix. Known for its exciting survival dynamic, where six players work together to build a game while escaping from a brutal opponent controlled by a seventh player, the game has gained a lot of attention in the gaming community.
One of the significant additions in this update is the Destroy-a-Toy map, which is now part of the game’s map rotation. Stage 2 ToyBox introduces a hundred new items to unlock, an updated evolution and XP earning system that aims to make leveling up more rewarding. The developers have also infused the ToyBox with greater variety of items, including sound packs, loading screens, and emotes, and players can now earn PlayCoins by completing specific ToyBox levels.
Phase Two also introduces over 75 new items available for purchase in the shop, spanning across four new item packs: CRT, Pirate, Steampunk and Reject Toy. Daily login XP rewards and a 250xp bonus for the first match each day have also been integrated, keeping players engaged and rewarding them for regular play.
The patch also revamps the back-end storage system for tickets, perks, and subversion, allowing for a more reliable way to store player information across different computers. Existing players who update to Phase 2 within the first week of launch will receive the exclusive Gold Huggy Survivor skin and 1,350 Tickets to boost their Perk/Sabotage progression.
The Incineration update introduces three new features: Pathfinder, Claw Collector, and Puzzle Picasso, each of which enhances certain elements of the gameplay. To help newcomers, the Survivor tutorial has been rebuilt and now includes a new Arcade for players to play puzzles on.
Modifications have been made to the user interface in the main menu, pre-game lobby, customization menu, and shopping, to improve the user experience. The pre-game lobby has been expanded with a new arcade cycle and action. Meanwhile, visual updates to new and previous character elements have been rolled out, including new models for Huggy, a virtual scorpion, and all of the Pride skins. In addition, the developers have revamped the monster-jumping games and introduced a penalty for home players who leave a match in the middle of a match.
A bunch of minor extras are also included, such as a Streamer mode, customizable sound packs, and a smoother, less turbulent train. The update also introduces balancing changes for characters, specifically Mommy Long Legs and Boxy Boo, with adjustments made to their abilities to unify combos for all monsters.
Finally, the developers have addressed various bugs and exploits for a smoother gaming experience, focusing on issues such as collisions in all maps, porting bugs for the character Mommy, and bug generation with Puzzle Pillars.
You can find all the patch notes from the Official blog post listed below.
- Destroy-a-Toy map has been added to the map rotation
- 100 brand new items to unlock
- Increased variety of ToyBox acquired items with the inclusion of sound packs, loading screens, and emotes. In addition, players will now be able to earn PlayCoins by completing specific ToyBox levels.
- Over 75 new items are available for purchase in the shop throughout Phase Two
- Four new item packs
- CRT package
- pirate package
- Steampunk Pack
- Decline the game package
- ToyBox progression and XP gain updated
- ToyBox will now include XP scaling requirements to make leveling up more rewarding for players
- Experience points will now be awarded based on overall match performance
- XP rewards added for daily login
- Log in every day to increase your streak and earn more XP
- Added daily experience bonus for the first match
- Earn 250xp bonus for your first match every day
- All tickets, privileges, and vandalisms have been migrated to back storage
- Dev Note: This was done to create a more reliable system for storing player information on different computers. Every current player who updates to Stage 2 will receive an exclusive Gold Huggy Survivor skin to show off and 1350 Tickets to start your Perk / Sabotage progression! (This offer lasts for one week after the launch of Phase 2.)
- Three new features have been added
- Increases the speed of the marble moving through the maze puzzle
- claw collector
- Reduces the speed of the claw in the puzzle of the claw
- Picasso puzzle
- It allows you to fail Collage Puzzle up to three times per level without triggering failure condition
- Reconstruction educational program for survivors
- This tutorial will expand on the original and include a new arcade where players can play puzzles
- Expanded pre-game lobby with new arcade cycle and action
- The user interface has been modified in the following locations:
- main menu
- Added tracking system for daily rewards
- Some buttons have been moved to a standalone options menu
- Pre-game lobby
- Updated visuals
- The Monster Queue system is even more intuitive
- Personalization list
- Added sections for loading screens and sound packs
- Overhaul of the master plan
- Improved item preview system
- Template updates for new and previous character items
- New model for Huggy and all skins that use the default model
- New model for the default hand and all hands using the default model
- Updated player skin models for all prides
- Mommy Long Legs material improvement
- Idle animation for a new player
- New Huggy idle animations
- Monster Jumpscares has been renewed
- Each jump now has a unique monster POV animation, player POV, and third-person view
- The jumps should be more consistent and not feel dislocated anymore
- Additional penalty for home players who leave the match in the middle of the match
- Streamer mode has been added to hide player names
- Selectable loading screens added
- Chase Music
- Lobby music
- ambient music
- Survivor votes
- Puzzle sounds
- The train has been reworked to be smoother and less choppy
- Native Web capability has been removed
- Mother Watcher ability duration increased from 1.7 seconds to 3 seconds
- Changed the default mapping of Mommy’s Grapple ability to the right mouse button
- Mother’s shutter speed has been increased by 80%
- A jump for the designated mother has been added to the spacebar
- Dev note: These changes are intended to standardize the kits for all monsters. We’re looking at potential ways to re-implement an improved version of Mommy’s Web capability in a future update.
- Boxy Boo
- Increased charging time for Boxy’s Spring Jump ability from 1.5 seconds to 2.75 seconds
- Rolly poly
- The player is now granted two roll charges, with higher levels reducing the cooldown of each roll charge
- Shadow Walker
- Now reduces the volume of the player’s footsteps, with the higher levels making the player’s footsteps quieter
- Punching bag
- Now grants the player 1 shield from any damage source, with higher levels decreasing shield cooldown
- The player is now allowed to make up to three errors when solving a memory puzzle code
- master pianist
- Now removes patterns from the beginning of Piano Puzzle instead of the end
- Vandalisms will not begin to subside until their energetic effects have ended
- Boobytrap is the only prediction of this rule as it will start to cool down after the first trapped column is triggered
- Fixed a number of crash issues across all maps
- Fixed a bug that allowed the mother to carry survivors while grappling
- Fixed a bug causing puzzle columns to spawn already checked-in game fragments
- Fixed a bug that disabled the friends-only option after host migration
- Several minor bugs and exploits have been fixed