Gearbox Publishing and developer Frima have announced Risk of rain: hostile worlds, a free-to-play action-shooter RPG in development for iOS and Android. A release date was not announced.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Gearbox Publishing:
Risk of rain: hostile worlds takes the fast and energetic roguelike gameplay of the series and incorporates it into an isometric action RPG/hero collector game for mobile devices. Grow your Survivor collection and embark on a dangerous journey through the Versanto System. Features new and familiar characters, monsters, and elements in a large-scale canonical story. Risk of rain universe, Risk of rain: hostile worlds keeps the fun going with dynamic mid-game Survivor exchanges and continuous live service updates through a free-to-play model.
- Run and gun perfected – Immerse yourself in intense run-and-gun combat, where quick reflexes and tactical thinking are your best allies. With easy-to-learn controls, you’ll dive right into the action, while a dynamically scaling difficulty system keeps every match fresh and exciting.
- Swap characters seamlessly – Form a squad of up to three Survivors and seamlessly switch mid-fight to exploit enemy vulnerabilities. Assemble a diverse group of exceptional Survivors to create an unstoppable team. Prepare to unleash walls of fire and ice with the Artificer while dodging enemies with a well-timed Huntress dash!
- Combine powerful element effects – Traverse beautiful worlds filled with cargo from previous UES expeditions, each hiding a treasure trove of powerful items. Crazy combinations of items are created every time you open a chest, making each run feel unique. Explosive chain lightning? Yes please.
- Challenge epic bosses – Get ready for fast-paced, bullet-filled gameplay as you take on colossal adversaries. Play story mode or gather up to three friends and take on challenges together in an exclusive co-op mode!
- Explore diverse sci-fi worlds – Embark on an odyssey across stunning but dangerous planets within the Versanto System. As you play, you will discover hidden logs that intertwine the fate of the UES Shimmer Mark crew. Each journey reveals new secrets, enriching the game’s immersive story.
Watch the announcement trailer below. See the first screenshots in the gallery.