Star Wars: Dark Forces Remastered will be released for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on February 28, 2024, developer Nightdive Studios announced.
Star Wars: Dark Forces it’s a Star Wars First-person shooter that was first released for MS-DOS on February 28, 1995, followed by PlayStation on November 30, 1996.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Nightdive Studios:
Star Wars: Dark Forces Remastered has been brought to life by the team at Nightdive Studios, completely remastered through their proprietary KEX engine, allowing the game to run on modern gaming devices at up to 4K resolution at 120 frames per second. New and returning players will enjoy Star Wars: Dark Forces RemasteredImproved gameplay, high-resolution textures, improved lighting and rendering, and gamepad support.
The original from 1995. Star Wars: Dark Forces raised the bar for first-person shooters, offering players a significant degree of movement and interactivity, a large selection of items and power-ups, and attractive environments.
In the first Star Wars In a first-person shooter video game, players take on the role of Kyle Katarn, a Galactic Empire deserter turned mercenary for hire. Katarn joins the Rebel Alliance’s black ops division tasked with infiltrating the Galactic Empire, where he discovers the secret Dark Trooper Project. The development of this powerful new series of Imperial battle droids and power armored stormtroopers is intended to strengthen the Empire’s control over the galaxy unless Katarn and the Rebel Alliance intervene.
- The original fourteen levels, with Star Wars worlds and capital ships.
- Use your jumping, crouching and crawling skills to solve puzzles and defeat enemies.
- Your Personal Digital Assistant provides you with in-game information such as maps, inventory, and mission instructions.
- Engage in first-person ground combat with ten weapons and twenty types of enemies.
- Images up to 4K resolution / 120 frames per second.
- Advanced 3D rendering allows for updated lighting and atmospheric effects.
- Modern gamepad support adds a new weapon wheel and rumble.
- Controller support: vibration and gyroscope controls.
- A variety of power-ups are available to the player, including health, shields, weapons, and ammunition.
- For combat, the player can use fists, explosive land mines, and thermal detonators, as well as blasters and other ranged weapons.
- Includes immersive environmental mazes and puzzles.
Thank you, GameSpot.