Epic Games Publishing and developer Remedy Entertainment have released the launch trailer for Alan Wake II ahead of its release on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series and PC via epic games store on October 27.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Epic Games Publishing:
A series of ritual murders threaten Bright Falls, a small-town community surrounded by the wilderness of the Pacific Northwest. Saga Anderson, an accomplished FBI agent, arrives to investigate. Meanwhile, Alan Wake, a lost writer trapped in a nightmare beyond our world, writes a dark story in an attempt to shape the reality around him and escape his prison. Anderson and Wake are two heroes who undertake two desperate journeys in two separate realities, connected at their core in a way that neither of them can understand. Trapped in a sinister horror story where there are only victims and monsters, can they become the heroes they need to be?
- Solve a deadly mystery – What begins as a small-town murder investigation quickly turns into a nightmarish journey. Discover the source of supernatural darkness in this psychological horror story full of intense suspense and unexpected twists.
- Alan Wake II presents anderson saga, an accomplished FBI agent with a reputation for solving impossible cases, arrives to investigate murders in the small community of Bright Falls. Anderson’s case turns into a nightmare when he discovers pages of a horror story that begins to come true around him.
- Play as two characters – Experience the stories of Alan Wake and Anderson Saga and see how events unfold from different perspectives. It switches between Anderson’s life-or-death race to solve the case and Wake’s desperate attempts to rewrite his reality to escape the depths of the Dark Place.
- Explore two worlds – Experience two beautiful yet terrifying worlds, each with its own cast of characters and deadly threats. Discover the majestic landscapes of Cauldron Lake in the Pacific Northwest and the idyllic towns of Bright Falls and Watery. In stark contrast, she attempts to escape the nightmarish cityscape of the Dark Place.
- Survive with the light – With limited resources, face powerful supernatural enemies in desperate hand-to-hand combat situations. It takes more than just a weapon to survive: light is the ultimate weapon in the fight against darkness and will be your refuge when enemies threaten to overwhelm you.
Watch the trailer below.