BlazBlue: entropy effect It will leave early access and be released on PC via Steam on January 31, 2024, developer 91Act announced.
The side-scrolling roguelite action, a licensed spin-off of the BlazBlue Arc System Works series, first released in Early Access on August 15 and has since been updated with two new playable characters. Its overall user reviews are “very positive” and more recent reviews are “overwhelmingly positive.”
Here’s an overview of the game, via 91Act:
Recognized for his “Extravagant Combos” in Action Roguelite
Even among big-name action roguelites, BlazBlue: entropy effect It has a unique advantage in its “extravagance”. The game’s action is incredibly dynamic, and each character has a distinct combat style and a variety of flashy moves. It’s easy to get immersed in the release of these extravagant combos, constantly being surprised by the stylish action sequences that unfold almost without realizing it.
Why accidentally? Firstly, because the gameplay is more accessible than it seems and, secondly, because of its great variety of characters and its enormous range of combinations. The “characters” form the core of this game, each unique and independently mechanized. Additionally, characters can inherit abilities from each other, supporting a new action experience in every match, especially from the early to mid-game phases. According to official information, BlazBlue: entropy effect will feature 10 playable characters and over 100 customizable moves at full release, ensuring a “rich” gaming experience.
An example of an early access “textbook”?
In some discussions, early access is often perceived as a disadvantage. For most players, a Steam game in Early Access falls somewhere between “Escape with Money” and “The Captain Goes Down with the Ship.”
Then how BlazBlue: entropy effect early access rate? Since its early access debut on August 16, 2023, the developers have maintained a high frequency of updates. They kept their promises by introducing two new characters in free updates in September and November. Additionally, the team actively interacts with players on platforms such as Steam, Discord, Twitter and BiliBili, integrating genuine player feedback into game development. To date, the game’s positive rating has skyrocketed to “overwhelmingly positive” over the past month.
The essence of Steam’s Early Access feature is to provide opportunities for interaction between game developers and players. Its goal is to collect genuine feedback for the development teams and ensure that the final version of the game meets everyone’s expectations.
BlazBlue: entropy effect, with its unique strength in “outlandish combinations,” exemplifies an ideal early access ride. We wish this distinctive roguelite action game even greater success upon its official release, continuing its journey alongside its players.
About the game
BlazBlue: entropy effect is a new game that is part of the popular BlazBlue series. It is a rogue-lite action game developed and published by 91Act with the permission of Arc System Works, a renowned Japanese action game developer and publisher. The early access version of the game was released on Steam on August 16, 2023, and was updated frequently, adding two new characters in September and November. The game received an “overwhelmingly positive” rating over the past month. The full version of the game will be released on January 31, 2024.
- Extravagant action combat – Charismatic character designs with unique aesthetic styles and dramatic animations create an impressive and extravagant combat experience.
- Incredibly satisfying combinations – Smooth controls, endless combo possibilities and realistic combat feedback. This is the roguelite game with the best action experience yet!
- numerous characters – Ten playable characters with vibrant personalities, unique combat styles, and immersive voice acting.
- Hundreds of movements for customization – There are hundreds of moves for you to build, plus countless elemental effects and inherited abilities that are passed down between characters. The possibilities are endless. It’s time to create your own best fighter!
- Choose to save the world – In a future where the world has been plunged into chaos, people enter a cyberspace called ACE, looking for their last chance to resolve the crisis. If you are the only person in this world who knows the truth, how will you react? The end is also the beginning. Your decision will decide the future of humanity.
(This game is a derivative of BlazBlue franchise, but the world setting is original and the story is not associated with BlazBluethe history.)
Our team will celebrate its tenth anniversary next January 2024, after dedicating a decade to action games. We launched early access for Blazblue: entropy effect in 2023 and since then we have been passionate about providing frequent updates and engaging with the community. We believe in the true spirit of the Steam Early Access feature and aim to perfect this game to meet everyone’s expectations. We eagerly await its successful official launch next month.
Watch a new trailer below.