PROTOTYPE will launch a Switch version of the fantasy visual novel developed by Frontwing Hatsumira -from the immortal future- in 2024, reveals the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.
Hatsumira -from the immortal future- was first released for PC on November 27, 2015 in Japan, followed by PS Vita on December 22, 2016. The PC version was released via Steam with English language support on April 28, 2022.
The Switch version will include the CG event added in the PS Vita version, as well as some scenes that were only available in the 18+ “X-Rated” version.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its steam page:
From the development team behind the Grisaia series, Hatsumira -from the immortal future- is a fantasy visual novel that transports you to a whole new world full of swords and sorcery.
Hatsumira -from the immortal future- is written by our team of talented writers, including head writer Ryuta Fujisaki and screenwriter Yuhi Nanao. The game also features original artwork by Akio Watanabe and Fumio, plus monster and supporting character designs by INO. This game is one of Frontwing’s most ambitious works, created with the aim of giving a breath of fresh air to the visual novel industry.
During the Pacific War, Ichiro Mimori, a non-commissioned officer and Zero fighter pilot, was about to launch a kamikaze attack on an enemy ship, when instead he finds himself crash-landing in an unknown desert. While he wanders lost, desperate to find water, he is rescued by a strange princess who can transform into a dragon.
Ichiro has no idea where he is or how to get home, and even if he did return, almost certain death would await him. However, the loyal soldier is determined to return to Japan at any cost, to fulfill a promise he made…
- Dragon Tribe – Known by various names, such as Dragons, Lizards, and Archgeniuses, this tribe is the oldest demi-human race in this world. They are said to live up to ten times longer than humans. Female dragons are born in humanoid forms, and as they age, some of them gain the ability to transform into flying, fire-breathing wyverns… In rare cases, they can also spit lightning. The males of the tribe resemble lizardmen: they cannot transform, but their powerful build allows them to excel as soldiers and warriors.
- Dog Tribe – Also known as Lulucarions, the dog tribe is a short-lived breed that values strength. Thanks to their resistance, alertness and agility, they excel in guerrilla warfare in the mountains. However, they tend not to be very intelligent. Only females are able to shapeshift between their dog forms and humanoid forms, while males remain in werewolf form at all times.
- cat tribe – Also known as Chaolia, members of this tribe have sharp minds and weak bodies, unlike dogs. They are very curious, they just can’t seem to sit still, which explains their nomadic behavior. Some Chaolia are accomplished sorcerers who use a type of magic unique to their tribe.
- Mermaid Tribe – A race composed exclusively of women, who can breathe underwater when transformed into their half-fish form. They sing a powerful song called “sacred song”, but they do not like fights and war, and they declare themselves pacifists. However, attacks by other tribes have reduced their numbers to the brink of extinction.
- no dead people – Also called zombies, the undead are born when a necromancer temporarily summons the soul of a corpse. They can only be controlled when they are within the necromancer’s range; Otherwise, they simply rampage wherever they please. In war they are used as disposable soldiers. Their performance varies greatly depending on the race they belonged to before dying, the freshness of the corpse, and the abilities of each individual. In any case, their bodies are doomed to decompose if not maintained.
- dwarves – Small creatures that live underground. They run the Miners’ Guild, which is responsible for distributing metals and minerals to each country. Although they are skilled and intelligent, they tend to be seen as a lower-class tribe due to their short temper. They are very proud and inflexible, which can sometimes cause them problems.
- The Principality of Wisla – The country of pure humans, who call themselves “the new race.” Although the country shares its origins with the Archgene Kingdom, Wisla considers the demihuman tribes inferior and does not recognize their rights.
Thank you, ryokutya2089.