Side scrolling adventure game Case Files Deluxe Trilogy by Makoto Wakaido will be released for Switch and PC via Steam on October 19 for 1,564 yen, publisher room6 and developer Hakaba Bunko Announced. It will support English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese language options. A PC demo is now available.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its steam page:
Retro pixel art visuals and a hardcore soundtrack set the tone for the twists and turns of this unpredictable whodunit. The research depends on you… Are you up to it?
- The executioner’s axis – What truth is hidden behind a gruesome series of murders where the victim was decapitated? Detective Wakaido has to find the culprit in this story inspired by 1980s Japan and the insurgency of religious cults.
- The Bogeyman’s Forest – Who or what is behind the missing people in this small and remote town? Detective Wakaido has to find the real reason why several villagers have been missing in this rural story.
- The ghost’s foot – That’s a suspect you never expected to investigate. Detective Wakaido has been charged with murder. Will he be able to escape capture and prove his innocence?
- The mansion of the crying hand – A mansion isolated from the world by a storm. A supernatural presence haunting its hallways and terrifying its guests. Detective Wakaido must find the truth about the ghost that is said to attack those who visit Weeping Hand Manor.
playing the game
Move around and select people or things that capture your interest. You will be shown several dialog options that will give you different information. In turn, this information is stored in your notebook, from where you can use it to question people further about it or examine things from a new perspective, gaining even more clues.
During the deduction parts, you will need to gather the information you have found in the correct way to draw conclusions and move on to the next chapter.
You will enjoy this game if…
- You like mysteries and solving puzzles.
- You like creepy and strange stories.
- You want a quick game that you can complete in about 50 to 60 minutes.
- You like pixel art images.