Nightdive Studios has delayed the remastered version of the first-person shooter Turok 3: The Shadow of Oblivion from its previously planned release date of November 14 to November 30. It will be available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PC through Steam.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Nightdive Studios:
Turok 3: The Shadow of Oblivion is a faithful restoration of the classic first-person shooter originally released in 2000 for the Nintendo 64, updated via Nightdive Studios’ proprietary KEX engine for play on modern gaming devices at up to 4K resolution at 120 frames per second. It joins the popular Nightdive Studios, Universal Games and Digital Platforms. Turok and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil remasterings, closing the trilogy. Turok 3: The Shadow of Oblivion features improved gameplay, high-resolution textures, improved lighting and rendering, and support for console gamepads with platform-specific features.
Turok 3: The Shadow of Oblivion is the first Nightdive Studios title to use the latest version of the KEX engine, which uses an improved renderer to achieve a higher level of visual fidelity in 3D models, textures and graphical effects.
In Turok 3: The Shadow of OblivionPlayers choose between dual protagonists Joseph and Danielle Fireseed, siblings of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil protagonist Joshua Fireseed. Together, they must defeat the titular antagonist Oblivion and his followers, the Flesh Eaters, after the supposed disappearance of his brother at his hands.
- A remastered version of the 2000 classic, available for the first time since its launch on Nintendo 64.
- Performance up to 4K 120 frames per second on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PC.
- Advanced rendering features, including anti-aliasing, blooming, ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows, and motion blur.
- Remastered environmental art, character models and updated weapon models.
- Optional motion/gyroscope controls for Switch and Gamepad.
- Trophies and achievements on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PC (Steam).