Image via Avalanche Software
Hogwarts Legacy is one of those games that everyone should play. But that wasn’t the case for some time, as only PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S versions debuted at launch. But after a couple of months of work, PS4 and Xbox One versions were also available. While many current-gen players enjoy the game, some cannot play or download Hogwarts Legacy. This may leave you wondering why Hogwarts Legacy cannot be downloaded.
Why can’t I play Hogwarts Legacy on PlayStation 4?
There are several reasons why you can’t play Hogwarts Legacy on PS4. We have several potential solutions for you to try so you can download the game:
Update PlayStation 4 system software
Update the latest version of the system software by heading to Settings and choosing System Software Update. If your PlayStation 4 update is not working correctly, restart it and try again. Follow these instructions if you’re still having issues:
- Download the PS4 update file,
- Copy the downloaded update file to a folder named PS4/UPDATE on a USB drive formatted as FAT32.
- Save the file as ps4update.pup
- Plug the USB stick into the PlayStation 4.
- Start PS4 in Save mode by pressing the power button and releasing it after you hear a second beep.
- Select the Update System Software option.
- Select the Update from USB Storage Device.
- Complete the update process.
Check the status of the PlayStation Network Service
If you’re having trouble connecting to the PlayStation Network, review the PSN status to ensure everything is up and running. If the network is down, all you can do is wait until the issue is resolved (if you’re sure everything is in order with your PS4 and internet connection).
Make sure to have enough storage for Hogwarts Legacy
- Head to PlayStation Store to check the required free space for Hogwarts Legacy on PS4.
- Check the Details section of the game.
- Keep in mind that Hogwarts Legacy needs more space than the download file size, as there’s also Hogwarts Legacy Day 1 Patch that is over 28GB.
Related: When is winter in Hogwarts Legacy?
Rebuild the Database to download Hogwarts Legacy on PS4
- Start the PS4 in Safe Mode.
- Select the Rebuild Database option.
- Wait until the process is over.
- Head to the PlayStation Store and try downloading the game again.
Check your account before you download Hogwarts Legacy
You can only download Hogwarts Legacy on PS4 while on the same account, you used to buy the game. If you have multiple accounts on your PlayStation 4, check which one you are currently using.
For more information on Hogwarts Legacy, check out All Daedalian Key locations in Hogwarts Legacy and Where to find all 16 House Tokens in Hogwarts Legacy on Pro Game Guides.