The Xbox Series version of Baldur’s Gate III is now available through Microsoft Store for $69.99, developer Larian Studios announced.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Larian Studios:
Gather your party and return to the Forgotten Realms in a story of companionship and betrayal, sacrifice and survival, and the allure of absolute power.
Mysterious abilities are awakening within you, drawn from a Mind Flayer parasite planted in your brain. Resist and turn the darkness against itself. Or embrace corruption and become the ultimate evil.
From creators of Divinity: Original Sin II A next-generation role-playing game arrives, set in the world of Dungeons and Dragons.
■ Gather your group
Choose from a wide selection of Dungeons and Dragons races and classes, or play as an original character with a handcrafted background. He adventures, loot, battle and romance as you journey through the Forgotten Realms and beyond. Play alone and select your companions carefully, or with a group of up to four in multiplayer mode.
An expansive original story
Kidnapped, infected, lost. You are becoming a monster, but as the corruption within you grows, so does your power. That power can help you survive, but there will be a price to pay, and more than any skill, the bonds of trust you build within your party could be your greatest strength. Caught in a conflict between demons, deities, and sinister otherworldly forces, together you will determine the fate of the Forgotten Realms.
■ Next generation role-playing game
Forged with the new Divinity 4.0 engine, Baldur’s Gate III gives you unprecedented freedom to explore, experiment and interact with a world that reacts to your choices. Great cinematic storytelling brings you closer than ever to your characters as you venture into our biggest world yet.
No adventure will be the same
The Forgotten Realms are a vast, detailed and diverse world, and there are secrets to discover all around you; Verticality is a vital part of exploration. Sneak, dive, push, climb and jump as you travel from the depths of the Underdark to the gleaming rooftops of the Upper City. How you survive and the mark you leave on the world is up to you.
- Online multiplayer for up to four players – Allows you to combine your forces in combat and split your party to pursue your own missions and agendas. Come up with the perfect plan together… or introduce an element of chaos when your friends least expect it.
- Origin characters – Offer a handcrafted experience, each with its own unique traits, agenda and worldview. Their stories intersect with the entire narrative, and your choices will determine whether those stories end in redemption, salvation, domination, or many other outcomes.
- Evolved turn-based combat – Based on the Dungeons and Dragons Rules set 5e. Team-based initiative, buffs and debuffs, and roll modifiers join combat cameras, expanded environmental interactions, and a new fluidity in combat that rewards strategy and forethought.
- Define the future of the forgotten kingdoms – Through your choices and the rolling of the dice. No matter who you play as or what you launch, the world and its inhabitants will react to your story.
- Player-initiated turn-based mode – Allows you to pause the world around you at any time, even outside of combat. Whether you see an opportunity to gain a tactical advantage before combat begins, want to pull off a heist with pinpoint precision, or need to escape a diabolical trap. Split your party, set up ambushes, hide in the dark… make your own luck!
Watch a new trailer below.