Image via HoYoverse
Barbara is a four-star Hydro catalyst user who has been around since Genshin Impact’s release. Despite being a legacy character, the introduction of Dendro and Bloom Reactions has elevated her useability, even in difficult battle scenarios. Barbara specializes in Hydro application and healing, and I highly recommend using her if you’re a new player who still hasn’t pulled for better units.
Best weapons for Barbara in Genshin Impact
Barbara’s best-in-slot weapon is the Sacrificial Fragments, which boosts her Elemental Mastery and offers a passive bonus that resets the Elemental Skill cooldown at a percent chance. When successful, Barbara will be able to apply Hydro more frequently. Otherwise, you can also opt for the following:
Related: How to make Barbara a DPS in Genshin Impact
Best Artifacts for Barbara in Genshin Impact
Barbara is best built as a Hydro applicator for triggering the Bloom Reaction. For Artifact stats, opt for the following main stats, plus EM and HP substats:
- Sands: Elemental Mastery
- Goblet: Elemental Mastery
- Circlet: Elemental Mastery
Meanwhile, for Artifact sets, I recommend either of the following combinations:
- Four-piece Gilded Dreams (best for triggering Reactions)
- Gilded Dreams offers an Elemental Mastery boost and a passive that also aligns with triggering Reactions, making it an amazing pick for Barbara if you’re primarily using her as a Hydro applicator.
- Two-piece Gilded Dreams + two-piece Wanderer’s Troupe (best for EM boost)
- By pairing two pieces from each of these sets, you can get 180 additional Elemental Mastery, which will increase Barbara’s Reaction damage.
Best team for Barbara in Genshin Impact
Barbara performs well in Bloom teams as she can be used until quite late into the game. However, you can also use her as a budget Hydro applicator in Permafreeze teams.
- Bloom Team – pair Barbara with two Dendro characters and choose any character of your choice for the final slot. I recommend either an Anemo or Cryo character for crowd control.
- Permafreeze Team – Barbara can be used as a Hydro applicator in place of Xingqiu, Yelan, and Kokomi in a traditional Permafreeze team comp.
For more on Barbara, check out our Genshin Impact Hangout Event: Barbara Guide here on Steam Game Guides.