Publisher Bedtime Digital Games and Developer Mads & Friends to Release Narrative Puzzle Game The forest quartet for Switch on November 17, the companies announced.
first released for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on December 8, 2022.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its steam page:
The forest quartet is a 3D narrative puzzle about a missing but not forgotten lead singer. He touches the spirit of it and travels through three exclusive acts of his band members for a final farewell concert. Face his emotions, solve puzzles and fight the corruption that ravages his soul.
- Church – Something strange has taken over the once green and lush nature that Kirk would draw inspiration from. The fungus slowly crawls and turns growth into decay. Use the power of your voice to restore the forest.
- J.B. – The forest has become an abyss of darkness. The creatures have awakened from the depths of the underground and are swarming around JB’s house. Find the light that once existed to rekindle JB’s musical spark.
- Sebastian – A volcano has erupted, spewing lava into the nearby forest, causing fires and destruction. Reestablish a water system deep underground and reconnect lost pipes to stop the volcanic eruption.
- spiritual power – Sing to interact with objects, create light with your fingertips. Glide, float and transform into butterflies to explore the psyche of the band members.
- Listen carefully – Environments and objects add unique layers to the soundtrack. Whether it’s the roaring forest fires or the cold winds of the deep caverns.
- A life story – Living heartbreak and loss. Recover from the pain and restore the band’s musical spark.
- relaxing game – Without descriptions or written instructions, progressively gain powers for your travels.
The forest quartet It is a personal and family project. The original jazz score is composed by Mads’ father, Nina is voiced by her sister, the soundtrack is performed by select musicians from The Danish Radio Big Band based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Watch a new trailer below.